NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Sunday 1 May 2011

New Event - Isle of Wight Sportive 24 July 2011

I was browsing the internet this morning searching for a new cycling challenge to inspire me, and came across this one - it's part of the excellent Wiggle series of events so I know from experience it will be well organised and will take riders from the New Forest across to the Isle of Wight, do a clockwise tour of the surprisingly hilly island, before returning to the mainland and a short ride back through the forest to the finish. Naturally, I've gone for the 100 mile option, and I am already really looking forward to it. This should be enough to keep me motivated through the next couple of months.

As an aside, I know that Fast Daz is planning an IOW ride in mid-May and am hoping that I can make that as well, but I can't be sure just yet.


Must dash, have another Bike-CrossFit-Bike duathlon to complete!

1 comment:

Cavegirl said...

That sounds like interesting logistics. I think there is one a bit like that on the isle up here (ferry back and forth). Sounds like fun.