NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Monday 30 May 2011

General Update



After Wednesday's efforts I made another trip to the CrossFit gym on Thursday for another excellent session, I'm certainly getting stronger and my body shape is changing slowly.

On Friday I had to drive to Leeds and back to collect the kids for half term; it was also the Friday prior to a bank Holiday so the traffic was quite busy, and we got stuck in one of the many incidents on the M1. This made for a long and tiring day and no doubt contributed to me waking up on Saturday feeling quite poorly; aching muscles, very bad headache and all-round general malaise. I ended up doing something I haven't done for a very long time, and lay in bed until early afternoon while my family brought me hot drinks, medicine and eggs & bacon (not all at the same time, of course).

This clearly worked and I felt much better on Sunday, and after a walk on the seafront and seeing the USS George H W Bush (see above, apparently the most powerful warship in the world) anchored in The Solent I headed off for another CrossFit session. Afterwards, I cooked dinner for the family and enjoyed a couple of glasses of red wine. Sunday dawned not that bright but I was up early again and Mrs TM and I headed off with the dog to see the USS George H W Bush; the dog wasn't at all impressed. When we got home Mrs TM wanted to have a look at her bees so we took the lid off and whilst Mrs TM did whatever beekeepers do I took notes and photographs. And got stung on the side of my face for my troubles! Fortunately my previous history of bee stings means that I no longer have an adverse reaction to them so am not currently looking like the Elephant Man.

We were supposed to be having a family day out today but our daughter was complaining of feeling unwell with symptoms remarkably similar to my own of Saturday, and when she threw up her breakfast (that I had cooked!) we decided that going out was probably a bad idea. So I headed off to the CrossFit gym instead for another excellent session!

I'm now sitting comfortably after a long soak in the bath and a very pleasant dinner (cooked by me) and a gorgeous fresh berry and yoghurt pudding (prepared by our eldest son) with a glass of red wine. The side of my face is still sore and my shoulders and arms hurt. Isn't life great?

No comments: