NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Monday 9 May 2011

Never Miss An Opportunity

I um and ah'd about riding at lunchtime today as the weather was looking somewhat ominous. But I'm glad I did as although it was a bit windy I stayed dry and had a good ride.

I was due at the CrossFit gym this evening with our eldest son, but he texted me just after 5pm to say that he had studying to do and wouldn't be going to the gym tonight. So, Woo Hoo!, I can ride to the gym as well! I leapt onto the Litespeed (this was a mistake, I'll explain later) and had a good ride to the gym; the wind was, unsually, in my favour on the way there and that certainly helped. The WOD for today was AMRAP in 20 minutes of (5 x chest to bar pull ups, 10 x wall ball and 15 x kettlebell swings). This was a tough session and I was hooped at the end. But I could not rest. The mistake in choosing the Litespeed was that it has no lights, and with the sun about to set I had no choice but to change quickly and head home. Quickly. But this time the wind was in my face and so it was a tough ride home in the fading light. But I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Tomorrow I take it easy. Rest well folks.

3 comments:

Tilly said...

I am glad to read that you found that WOD difficult too! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I am looking forward to meeting everyone soon :)

Cavegirl said...

Me thinks you should change the title of this blog!

Cavegirl said...

Doh, just noticed, you have LOL!