NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Sunday 6 March 2011

Today's Ride ...

... was cancelled! This CrossFit malarkey is working muscles I haven't worked in many, many years, and yesterdays session focussed on arms, shoulders and upper back and this morning they ached. A lot. So much so, in fact, that I was having difficulty turning my head around, so I decided that it would be somewhat dangerous to go out on the road and not be able to look behind me. I was aching in other places as well, so thought that a lot of 'moving around slowly' was required, so washed and polished the car, and put new tyres and inner tubes on Mrs T's electric commuter. If I'm going to continue with CrossFit (and I'm pretty sure I will) I need to reconsider my training programme as training the day after CrossFit is proving unlikely, due to sore/aching muscles. I'm sure after a couple of weeks things will improve and the day after CrossFit will be an active recovery day, but I will take it one day at a time and see how it goes. The Outlaw? Que sera sera.

Talking of Mrs T's electric commuter, have you ever tried changing the rear tyre on a very heavy bike with a disc brake and an electric hub motor? It's a chuffin' pain in the ass!

Train smart folks.

No comments: