NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Tuesday 15 March 2011

New Interests, New Direction

I've really been caught by the CrossFit bug and I'm now wondering how I'm going to maintain my enthusiasm for swimming between now and July. There's also the issue of the long bike ride at the weekends that was sacrificed last weekend for another trip to the CrossFit gym. I'm not too worried about the running as there seems to be sufficient running for my needs (and I never planned on doing any long runs in my build up to The Outlaw anyway).

I'm pretty sure that once the weather warms up my motivation for cycling will return (I hope so, I have the 86 mile East Meon Riser in just over 2 weeks!) but I have lost the momentum for swimming, which is a real shame. I think!

Today I completed an easy 40 minute bike and some core work at lunchtime and its back to the CrossFit gym tonight. :-)

10 comments:

in2triathlon said...

Go for it, you're enjoying it and it keeps you motivated. Try the Crossfit Endurance site if you still fancy getting round the Outlaw in one piece. :-)

Turbo Man said...

Thanks for the support Neill; I was not aware of the CrossFit Endurance site. Interesting; if only I had that sort of time available!

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

T-Man, you continue with the bear crawls and farmers walks, I look forward to speaking to you the day after the Outlaw! ;-)

Turbo Man said...

??? Frank, what on earth are bear crawls and farmers walks???

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Check out some of the demonstrations on the CrossFit Endurance site, awesome!

Turbo Man said...

ah, I see. Can't see them at work so will check them out tonight.

Cavegirl said...

Just catching up on all the blogs since returning from Fuerte ... everything you write is shouting 'I don't want to do the Outlaw' so

DON'T do it! Just enjoy your new found enthusiasm for something different.

I'm loving my yoga and having trouble fitting in other stuff, but who cares, life is for living, not beating yourself into doing something that you no longer really feel motivated for.

Turbo Man said...

Cavegirl - you are absolutely right, that is exactly how I feel at the moment, but I'm hoping that with the sunshine will come renewed enthusiasm for the bike and I can cuff the rest!

Cavegirl said...

I tried 'cuffing' the marathon and I hadn't had to 'cuff' the swim or ride the bike for 5 hours first ... and it wasn't pretty.

Get your mojo back for cycling and enjoy the Sportive season instead, there are loads to do where you live and what of this new bike you mentioned, I'm all ears but you weren't on line last night!

Turbo Man said...

Its for commuting; haven't made the decision yet but would be something like this:

http://www.pashley.co.uk/products/roadster-classic.html