NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Monday 28 March 2011

Have a guess what I've been doing?

Yet more CrossFit! To be honest, this is now forming the bulk of my training regime (mainly because I really enjoy it) and even cycling has been taking a back seat. Today has been a really enjoyable day of training. At lunchtime I went to the pool with my swim buddy and did a 10-length warm-up, then a main set of 10 x (1 length sprint, 1 length easy off 2 minutes), 10-length warm down. The sprints and the challenge of counting and keeping an eye on the time kept me suitably stimulated and interested, that was a very good thing. And this evening it was back to the CrossFit gym for today's WOD (Workout of the Day) as follows: 75 Squats 50 Pull-ups (I'm on the blue, ie thinnest, band now) 20 Tricep dips (I can't yet manage the proper Ring Dips) 50 Squats 35 Pull-ups 15 Tricep dips 25 Squats 20 Pull-ups 10 Tricep dips My arms are now sore and tired and will probably ache a lot more tomorrow. I'm hoping it is dry tomorrow as I want to take my Litespeed out for a shakedown run before this weekend's sportive. Yes, that's right, I didn't get out on the bike this weekend. I just had far too much to do 'Chez Turbo Man'. C'est la vie. Anyway, on my new 'Turbo Man's Happiness Scale' I'm doing quite well. I don't want to rate myself too highly just yet in case I get to feel even better. So let's say I'm a 7 out of 10 at the moment. Train smart folks.

1 comment:

Cavegirl said...

Now let me just get this right, you have a sportive on Sunday, that is one of those cycling events isn't it? That'll be the thing you haven't been doing for, erm, how long? LOL!

Enjoy, I think Mr Grok has done more miles than you! But don't worry, he's just told me 'it's just like riding a bike' PMSL