NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Monday 7 March 2011

I Suppose I had To ...

I went and got wet today. No, not out cycling but that swimming malarkey. I really don't think my aching shoulders, neck and back fully appreciated it but at least I went and did it. A total of 1400m in 30 minutes or so (yes, I had a couple of breaks in there as well). ANd here's a questio0n for all you keen swimmers out there: what on earth do you do/think about whilst swimming to stop yourself from just sinking to the bottom of the pool, dead from the sheer boredom of it? So no, I didn't really enjoy it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

how about TECHNIQUE?????

Cavegirl said...

He said something to stop the boredom!

How about day dreaming about the cross fit girlies!

Michael said...

I just switch of and go all air headed blonde. Its easy in our line of work.

Technique as well but that bores me, as do the cross fit girls they are more BOB FOC.

My only advice is join the local Masters sessiosn and do their sessions at least once a week for fun.

Sags said...

All is lost T Man. Give up.


Reverse phychology attempt here 8-)

Turbo Man said...

Thanks guys; not sure the reverse psychology is going to work. I just feel like giving up the swimming and sticking to cycling and CrossFit at the moment!