NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Monday 21 March 2011

More CrossFit and not much else

It's been 6 days since I blogged and in that time I've managed a couple of swim sessions, some gym bike work and plenty of CrossFit. I'm really not enjoying the swimming, and although I can plough up and down at a reasonable pace I am not motivated at all to go to the pool. My swim buddy is unwell at the moment so hopefully next week I will have someone to drag me over there. Lets hope so. Spring appears to be just about here so hopefully the warmer weather will bring with it renewed enthusiasm for cycling, and I've still yet to try my updated Litespeed in anger; it's now less than 2 weeks to the Meon Valley Riser and I think I might be in for a world of pain on that ride, but at least it will show where I'm at bike-wise.

As for the CrossFit, I had a bit of 'realisation' moment last week when we were told what the workout was and selected our kettlebells. We were told to take our normal one and a slightly lighter one for when we became tired later in the workout. I was 'surprised' (yes, let's call it 'surprised'!) to find that the mere slip of a young lady next to me had the same weights as me! It reminded me of Neill's 'Squats' poster of a few days ago.

Train smart folks.

1 comment:

Sags said...

Sit down. . . Let's have a chat. . .

GET BACK ON YER BIKE AND DITCH THAT CROSS DRESSING WORKOUT STUFF!!!!!!

8-)