NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Saturday 14 March 2009

The Weekly Weigh-In

It's been a great week of training so I had high hopes for a positive result on the scales. I managed to lose one pound this week so am now 12 st 1 lb but I was really hoping to have seen 11 st something. Oh well, maybe next week. If I'm totally honest, I have slipped up on the nutrition front a couple of times this week; cream cake on Thursday (we'd had some good news!) and work had a cake sale for Red Nose Day so I felt compelled, yes, compelled, to have a couple. And then a Snickers duo in the car driving home on Friday. I guess I know where I'm going wrong!

This morning I was up bright and early to take Bandit for a run in the park. It was a bit cool but was fine once we got going. The pace was very easy and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Have some domestic chores to do today in preparation for our forthcoming house move but am really looking forward to a long ride with Sags tomorrow. It has been suggested that Big Nige might be coming with us but I reckon there's more chance of Arsenal winning the Premiership this year! We shall see.

Train smart folks.

3 comments:

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

What's the good news fella?

Turbo Man said...

Good news related to domestic issues and school places that means we can now move house. Domestic bliss = quality training tme!

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Good stuff. So, the Vitruvian, what do you reckon? :-)