NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Tuesday 10 March 2009

New Beginnings...

Rome wasn't built in a day etc etc. This single sport stuff is so much easier than having to balance 3 different disciplines.

This morning I was up nice and early for my weight watcher's class; yes, I'm still doing the early morning gentle run. I was a bit over-dressed but it was nice once I was out and I managed some 36 minutes. This evening it was back on the turbo for 3 x 20 minutes at 250 (Tacx) watts. I bailed out of this session after 5 minutes of the 3rd interval last week but sailed through it this week with just a bit of saddle discomfort. Total turbo time was 86 minutes; next week this session will increase to 260 (Tacx) watts.

Tomorrow, weather permitting, it will be back out on the road with the Chairman of RAF Cycling. I believe he has planned something a little longer this week; last week was 30 miles so I suspect something around 40 miles may be on the cards. Hopefully the wind will have died down and there should be another 5 minutes or so of daylight; it will be lovely when we can ride out late into the evenings. My Litespeed is looking like a right dog's dinner at the moment; with all the riding and travelling there just doesn't seem to have been time to clean it. Talking of my Litespeed, I know that I'm a proper roadie now because I've taken my tribars off!

Train smart fellow bloggers, whatever your sport.

No comments: