NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Thursday 12 March 2009

And More Of The Same Please!

Another day and some more cycling to be done. First things first, though, and after yesterday's ride I was up early for 40 minutes of stretch and flex. I'm finding these sessions essential to ease tired muscles and hopefully doing them regularly will also help towards preventing injuries. As for cycling, this evening was a turbo session and the dreaded 6 x 6 minutes with 2 minutes recovery. However, as I am in the early weeks of my 2009 prep they are not yet full on and were done some 15% lower than my max last year. The plan is to increase by 10 watts every week until my legs venture into new territory. As expected, I got through the 6 reps without too much pain and after an extended warm down had covered another 37 miles in the process, making a total so far this week of 141.75 miles. I've already hit my training target of 9 hours per week so am well chuffed. Friday is my rest day and Saturday I go for an easy run in the park with the dog. Which means I have to drag Sags round for 58.25 miles on Sunday to reach "The Magic 200" unless I can sneak a cheeky little ride in sometime on Saturday. We shall see.

Train smart fellow bloggers.

3 comments:

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Be careful young Turbo, all that training in a single sport could be detremental to your Vitruvian race. :-)

Turbo Man said...

What Vitruvian race?

I'll be busy that day, having a lie in, doing my hair (and probably cycling 80 or 90 miles as well!)

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

You know you want to!