NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Tuesday 17 March 2009

Here Comes The Sun ...

Isn't it great to see the sun? I don't know about you but when the sun shines my whole mood feels lighter and more positive. It's clear from felow bloggers that training in most cases is going well and there's a real enthusiasm for the season ahead.

Despite the nice weather, my coach (that's me) had a "Level 3" turbo session planned. After last week's success I raised the power level by 10 watts for the 3 x 20 minute session. It was still manageable but it was just that little bit harder. No need to rush; I don't need to be fast in May, I need to be fast in October.

Nice to see some new Bloggers, Mat (that is one cool picture for a blog!) and Reg "The Silver Fox", although I reckon I have a better claim to that name! I don't know what's happened to Coach Roy, though, he seems to have disappeared completely from Blogland.

Train smart folks.

No comments: