NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Monday 19 May 2008

I reckon Sags is bluffing ...

Guess who I saw riding home from work today? Yep, our sick friend Sags. Was he pootling along taking it easy protecting his aching body? Oh no, he was on his race bike complete with disk wheel. No doubt secretly preparing for Wednesday's race and giving us a good kicking in the process.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! (well the 4 of you that read this blog have been warned, and 3 of you won't be racing on Wednesday and the other one is Sags himself. Oh well ...)

3 comments:

Kelda said...

Ah me thinks the man doth protest too much, I shall limit my sympathetic texts! Of course he would have been complete with disk wheel as one assumes he has no other wheels at the moment LOL!!! Of course it could just be the effects of the bang on the head ...

Unknown said...

Let me know how weds race goes? the vets is yours for the taking!!
cheers

Sags said...

I had to test the race set up dudes! A wise man doesn't ride the race set up for the first time during the first race of the season. Kelda is right, I have no other wheels! Well, I didn't but do now. My American Classics turned up - very nice; thanks for the steer Daz. Turbo, you will be flying and I will be dying!

Blog Archive