NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Thursday 15 May 2008

A Great Day for ... Cycling


I haven't done enough of this so far this year. We had some tech issues going on at work today so there would be no computers so I decided it would be a good day to cycle to and from work. I set off at 0645 and arrived 1 hour 19 mins later having covered 40.9km, including Huntingdon town centre and Cambridge city centre. This evening the wind had got up but I increased the effort and covered 40.1km (not having to go all the way round Huntingdon ring road) in a time of 1 hour 19 mins. I was planning to swim this evening but I think I will benefit more from an early night; I'm in Luton tomorrow so it's the hilly run.

Still, a good days training.

Have you seen Sags new front wheel? Looks very deep and very nice; can't wait to see it in the flesh (carbon?). Personally, I fancy the Extreme Windcheeter wheel (see above); if it's good enough for Bradley Wiggins it should be good enough for me. Best I start saving my pennies cos they ain't cheap.

No comments:

Blog Archive