NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Saturday 24 May 2008

Family Comes First

Sags was planning a monster brick session today but I had to drop out due to family commitments. I did manage a 55 minute run with him though. He had cycled over to my house and was planning a big bike home and then another run when he got there. Hope it went well mate.

This is turning into a nice recovery week for me. Will have about 50% of normal volume with some good sessions and a race included.

4 comments:

Kelda said...

Sounds very chilled, good adaptation, you'll be flying for Bala! I'm doing less than planned too as the Sprint Champs are cancelled :-( but I'm off to Jim's pool for a mad session :-).

The guys did well in Lanza considering the conditions, glad it was them and not me!

Daz Sharpe said...

Turbo, I think Sags is scared of training with you after your bike split at Brize!!!

Sags said...

Na, I need to let Turbo Man feel good! He is great to ride with as he never drafts me on the bike and always jumps me on the hills! Truly, he has made good progress this year. Interesting to see how he goes at Dambuster. Mind you, let's remember that you do need to string a decent bike and run split together in this sport 8-)

Turbo Man said...

LOL! I reckon Sags may have had something in reserve and I KNOW he will be strong when the road heads skywards and those 24 extra lbs I'm carrying over Sags start to hurt me.

I'm not doing Dambuster but will hopefully get a place at the IS - nice course, should suit me.

A decent run split is relative of course; anything around 42 mins is good for me over 10km, nowhere near you whippets!

Blog Archive