NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Saturday 17 May 2008

Another Run PB!

Another Saturday morning, another run to The Meadow with my running partner, and another run PB of 56:00. Woo hoo!

OK, it was only 15 seconds off the PB and not the massive chunk I took off last time I did this route but I didn't set out with any intention of running fast, only to get some running time in my legs. It was only when I got to my first checkpoint I realised that I was obviously running OK and that maybe the "Magic 55" that Sags had put in my head might just be a possibility. The last third was done at a proper effort, to the extent that I was dragging Bandit along faster than he seemed to want to go (poor thing was quite tired by this point).

Anyway, the good news for Sags is that a hard run effort today might just take the edge off my bike legs for tomorrow.

Only 5 days to the Brize Sprint and I am pleased to say that I reckon my cycling and running are the best they have ever been. Just need to prove it in competition now.

Train smart folks.

3 comments:

Sags said...

Fighting talk T Man! Look forward to a possible pb at Brize if the weather holds.

Turbo Man said...

Couldn't find Brize on the weather map but Lyneham on Wednesday is forecast to be 15 degrees and cloudy (with the sun peeping through occasionally) with 6mph SE wind, so conditions should be about as good as possible.

Kelda said...

You forgot the small business in the pool Turbo! It ain't a duathlon you know dude, they mended the boiler!

Blog Archive