NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Thursday 22 May 2008

Analyze this!


There's nothing triathletes like more than analyzing results, and nothing triathletes hate more than having to wait days for results from organisers. So it's good to see that within 24 hours the full results for the Brize Tri were on the RAF Tri website, along with a grovelling apology from Jamie for making a bit of a hash of the results on the day. Don't worry Jamie, these things happen and I'm sure no-one will remember it next year. It's not like we still talk about the year JC "won" at Brize when the timing gremlins struck once again! Apart from that the day was excellent.

Anyway, and far more importantly, Sags may have won BUT I HAD THE FASTEST BIKE + T2 SPLIT - WOO HOO!!! I'm never going to match Sags in the pool or on the run so this is a significant moral victory for me, especially when you consider how delayed I was during the bike leg (see previous post for details). I'm fairly certain without those delays I would have been comfortably under 28 minutes.
I was going to train today but my legs decided this afternoon that they had actually worked quite hard yesterday and that rest was the better option. Hopefully I will have a good day tomorrow; I'll let you know what happens.

3 comments:

Daz Sharpe said...

Are you doing Dambuster Turbo, would like to compare bike splits with you!
Well done on the Brize bike split mate. See you soon
Daz

Kelda said...

I uploaded the results within 2 hours of them arriving in my inbox from Jamie, mind you Sags had managed to text me in the mean time asking where they were!

You two sound like school boys, mine's bigger than yours!

Turbo Man said...

Daz - no, Dambuster is not on my list of races this year. Unfortunately it falls right between Bala and Cowman HIMs. Hopefully I will get a guest slot at the IS though.

Kelda - you should join us on our training rides to see how childish we get! We keep getting a little bit faster and faster until eventually one of us (usually me on an uphill bit) says "Slow Down - Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!". Makes for good sessions though and they seem to be reaping the benefits for both of us.

Blog Archive