NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Thursday 17 February 2011

This is more like it

Had a good few days of training, having clocked up 6 hours in 4 days. One setback was going across to HMS Collingwood last night for a swim session to find that the Sub-Aqua Club had shifted their booking from the previous week and the pool was closed to other users. C'est la vie. Fortunately I had my gym kit with me so managed another 90 minutes of low intensity work to add to the hour I did at lunchtime; so a good day.

Friday is a rest day as I have to drive to Leeds to collect my kids from school for half-term; really looking forward to having the family back together, if only for 9 days.

The weather forecast for the weekend is rubbish, so my plan for 2 road rides may have to be amended. I will try and get out on Saturday regardless of the weather even if it is only to test the mudguards and lights on the Planet X!

Train smart folks.

3 comments:

in2triathlon said...

Good training so far this week.
I just can't bring myself to go outside on the bike in poor weather. My turbo dungeon must be too comfortable. :-)

Daz Sharpe said...

Enjoy half term mate, we collect Beth tonight too, can't wait to see her.

Cavegirl said...

Try not to fall off the wagon too spectacularly you've own just got back on LOL!

What is it with all these people looking forward to seeing their kids eh?! I must be some kind of outlier!