NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Friday 25 February 2011

Not tired, ill

I mentioned earlier this week that I was feeling somewhat tired and didn't know why. Well Thursday morning I felt pretty rubbish when I woke up: headache, lack of energy, aching limbs and joints. Clearly something was not right and certainly more than a piece of cake and a glass or 2 of red wine would cause. I didn't train Thursday and went to bed just after 2200; this morning my alarm went off at 0600 and I switched it off as normal. Next thing I know its 0700! I felt a little better but not 100% so chose to have another day off. Hopefully another good nights sleep will see me feeling better tomorrow, but I'm not making any plans and will just see how I feel when I wake up. Fingers crossed.

4 comments:

Cavegirl said...

Fingers crossed - but, go back and read your Primal Blueprint - carbs = inflammation = under attack immune system. And wheat = further weakening of immune system - you have only so many foot soldiers.

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Take it easy buddy, I've been under the weather for a few weeks, feeling better now, rest well.

Daz Sharpe said...

get well soon mate

Unknown said...

i had 2 nights of in bed for 2100! same feeling