NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Sunday 7 February 2010

Training Summary Week 5

I knew that training time would be restricted this week due to work commitments but that wasn't the only thing that affected my training. I only managed to train on 4 days; one day was a planned rest day, one was lost to the aforementioned work commitments and then I went down with some type of plague on Friday evening and I lost Saturday to illness. Despite this, I managed to rack up nearly 7 hours of training, 100 miles on the bike and a new 20 minute PB on the rowing machine (4725m). Despite still feeling a little under the weather, I was out on the bike again today with Jonny Briggs and got 2.5 hours on the road, done at a relatively easy pace with some efforts on the hills.

I'm really pleased with my 2010 progress so far and have a few ideas to try out in the next couple of weeks to try and accelerate this progress. I'll let you know how it goes.

Train smart folks.

2 comments:

Coastal Controller said...

Thanks for today - give me a month and I'll be dragging you around. Need to sort out my training plan, but am looking forward to the Sunday morning 4hr race pace rides in May...

Turbo Man said...

No problems mate, I really enjoyed it. I take it race pace means your IM bike leg pace? Or would you prefer to go at mine? Once we get a couple more rides under our belts we can link up with the Titchfield Terriers. Also, get yourself entered into the Black Rat sportive on 16 May for 100 miles with the RAF mini peloton (you will be the 5th member).