NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Sunday 21 February 2010

Training Summary Week 7

After Week 6 was completely written off due to a cold, Week 7 was always going to be about easing myself back into training gently to prevent a relapse, and this is exactly what I did. The sessions at the beginning of the week were easy and I increased the intensity through the week and on Friday I did an hour on the gym bike hill programme at Level 14. I headed up to Halton for the RAF Cycling & RAF Triathlon AGM/Training weekend and had a good 3 hour ride on Saturday, doing efforts on the hills and then easy cycling on the flats. Sunday should have been a similar ride with the tri club but I opened my curtains to a layer of snow and over breakfast more snow was falling and so the decision was made to cancel the ride and I headed home. I managed a little over 7 hours of training this week which is a good stepping stone up from last week and I now need to increase this in the weeks ahead.

I have also been thinking about my training programme and I reckon the 50 mile turbo TT will be introduced during March. Double the distance, double the time and double the pain. Bring it on!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

50m TT on a turbo... ouch!

in2triathlon said...

Poof. Real man do 12hr TTs every Sunday. See weekendwarriorsareus.com for details.

Coastal Controller said...

Good to see that you're back out and about.