NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Sunday 28 February 2010

A Good Week


With work commitments again restricting volume at the beginning of the week it was a case of getting the quality in and the volume will come later when work and domestic commitments sort themselves out (that will hopefully be next week). So with some good sessions on the turbo in the evening I was ticking over quite nicely, and then an opportunity arose to get a good session in during Friday lunchtime, followed this up with a 2.45 ride with Coastal Controller on Saturday and then managed 1.45 on the turbo watching the Carling Cup Final, including 2 x 20 mins at approx 90% FTP. The Saturday ride was really enjoyable but I reckon we would have stayed drier had we gone swimming; it lashed down on a couple of occasions and I was wet absolutely everywhere! Fortunately it wasn't that cold so not too uncomfortable, although the headwind on the way home (after Jonny broke off for his run) meant it was a bit of a crawl home for me. I managed 9 hours this week so in the end it wasn't too bad.
Unfortunately, and as mentioned in my previous post, I can't make the Black Rat sportive now. We have always wanted to visit the ruins of Pompeii and Rome and an opportunity has come up that we have decided to take. I'm really looking forward to my first visit to Italy although as a fan of Italian food and wine I suspect that my waistline may suffer.

Train smart folks.

4 comments:

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

9 hours is a good effort Turbo, that's plenty for this time of year. Train smart!

Turbo Man said...

I want to average 10 hours a week this year to give me the extra endurance come Barcelona in October. I'm way behind at the moment (just 6.15 hours per week) but I am only at the end of Week 8.

Coastal Controller said...

Thanks for Saturday - same again next week?

Daz Sharpe said...

I went there last october on my cruise T man, superb would love to go again as it takes a full day to look round and you still can't see it all. Enjoy