NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Tuesday 9 February 2010

Ill and No Training (Fitness Test doesn't count!)

I thought I was over it when I went out on the bike on Sunday, and I felt much better in the afternoon as well. But come Monday and the dreaded lurgy was back with a vengeance. So I took Monday off completely and didn't train today, although I did do the RAF Fitness test and scored light blue on the MSFT and dark blue on both press ups and sit ups. I managed this with a head full of cold and snot; how unfit do people have to be to fail this?

I had lunch with Debs today. Fresh from her tour in Afghanistan she popped down to take back the duties of RAF Tri Secretary that I gratefully handed back to her, hopefully not in too much of a pickle (I'm sure you will all talk about me at the forthcoming training weekend and AGM!). Debs looks really well and seems very positive about everything (even cycling and running!) and we chatted about all sorts of stuff.

Hopefully my body will sort itself out in the next 48 hours so I can at least get a decent weekend of training in. I'd like to say 'Train Smart' at this point, but any sort of training would be good for me right now.
All the best.

No comments: