NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Sunday 31 January 2010

An Excellent Week

After my social life interrupted training last week I wanted to get a solid block of training in this week. The result was 10 hours and 20 minutes of quality training that also represents my biggest training week for 10 months, so I am really pleased. It was topped off with a 40km turbo TT today; usually I do these on a Saturday morning after a rest day on Friday but this was slipped a day as I was out on the icy roads with Jonny Briggs yesterday (great to see you again Jonny). I was not expecting fireworks as it was at the end of a hard week, but the result was 55.42, a season PB and beating my previous best from 2 weeks ago by almost 2 minutes. I am amazed at how quickly the power is returning; when I started my structured training 4 weeks ago I recorded an FTP in this test of 277 Tacx watts; today it was 303.

I have a very busy week of work ahead so will do what I can when I can.

Train smart folks.

2 comments:

jc said...

A 55 min 25. You are clearly becoming too good a cyclist to be mixing with the likes of us!

Turbo Man said...

Don't get too worried, this is a turbo TT not the real McCoy. I managed a long 51 as my turbo PB last year and am heading back towards that at great pace. My turbo target is 48 minutes this year!!!