NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Thursday 14 May 2009

Guess who I bumped into?

I was on my way to a meeting at Glasgow and had just parked my car in the long term car park at Southampton airport and had boarded the bus to the terminal building when I was aware of someone else getting on the bus. He sat on the seat opposite with a cheery "Hello". Only then did I realise who it was - Ex-England cricket captain and now TV personality David Gower. Where was he off to, I asked, expecting it to be somewhere glamourous like the Caribbean or Australia (I'm not a cricket fan so have no idea whether there is a series on at the moment or not). Not exactly - Durham! Oh well, you can't have everything.

As I expected, my 2 days of meetings at High Wycombe and Glasgow have prevented me from doing any training. It was expected, so I'm not too disappointed.

Train smart folks.

5 comments:

Sags said...

David who? There is only one sport...

....time trailing at the moment!

Lonsy said...

Does that mean all the JPA fun is now your fault?

Turbo Man said...

Yes, I am now part of the JPA "process".

Please don't hold it against me.

Unknown said...

apparently Gower put it on his blog that he met 'The Turbo Man' at Southampton airport!

Turbo Man said...

I can understand that - he did lool slightly starstruck! :-)