NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Saturday 10 January 2009

Supersize Me!

Oh dear! I did my 2009 weigh-in this morning and the results were not good. I know I've been hitting the ice-cream and cookies whilst in Qatar but the results were really shocking. When I got home Mrs Turbo Man mentioned that I looked like I had put on a few pounds. I have been training but clearly the calories in-calories out equation has been well out of balance.
To get a perspective, I raced IM in 2006 at 11st 4lbs. I managed to get down to 11st 6lbs towards the end of the 2008 season. At the weigh-in this morning I was ...
12 stone 5 pounds.


Let's say that again to ensure it has sunk in. 12 stone 5 pounds. YOU FAT B@ST@RD! Time to wake up and smell the coffee Big Boy. Time to ditch the cookies and ice cream and get lean and mean. Time to steal some of Sags mojo and hurt yourself, deny yourself all those things that make you feel good but in reality are hurting you. Time to stop eating and start training. Time to think about how hard it will be to ride up hills carrying all that extra lard. Time to think about the bike leg at Barcelona and how difficult it will be to look into the eyes of my team mates when they meet their targets and I don't. Time to stop waffling and just HTFU!
So they we go; my name is Turbo Man and I am a Fat Git. The question is, how much of that can I lose in the 3.5 weeks I have left in Qatar?
Shall we have a sweepstake? I reckon 11st 8lbs or lower by the time I get back - do you have faith in me?

1 comment:

Daz Sharpe said...

Oh dear!!! Time to sweat some of that naughtyness away mr T.