NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Saturday 10 January 2009

Supersize Me! Addendum

Guess what my first major event was following my shocking weigh-in? A 3 hour bike ride? Hill efforts? 90 min run with the dog?

No. Not even close. How about a major indian takeaway washed down with a couple of ciders and finished off with some Toblerone. I feel like a fraudster, and a fat one at that. I feel like one of those fat people you see on documentaries saying that being fat is not their fault, that the diet will start tomorrow etc etc.

Well it will. As soon as I step onto that plane back to Qatar I will enter the Hurt Box, and will not step out of it until I step off the plane back at Brize in 3.5 weeks time.

As an aside, I saw Sags today - he is looking very lean and fit. I felt ashamed.

What was the name of the guy in The Da Vinci Code, the guy who kept beating himself? Perhaps I need some of his dedication and determination.

Speak soon folks.

3 comments:

Sags said...

Oh the shame! I have sent your application off to the Biggest Loser programme. You seen that show on Living TV? Huge people enter a competition. They get beasted and diet. They have a weigh in each week. Those who lose the most stay. Those who lose little are voted off. So, the Biggest Loser wins. Will T Man be the Biggest Loser? C'mon my friend; train well and eat not so well! Get lean and mean! As for me, I am over weight and out of shape. A has been who never was. Slow and lazy. . .

Iron Girl said...

Turbo, I'm surprised Kelda hasn't been on here swearing and cursing at you for wanting to lose 10 lbs in 3.5 weeks! Surely that's not healthy? I reckon you should aim to come back at 12st 2 or maybe 11st 13. You'll shed all the weight once you are back. How about starting a graph to show us your weekly progress? Btw, I'm ignoring Sags' comment above about him being over weight and out of shape. Pah!

Jason Walkley said...

Thats my kind of training over winter matey, I nice Indian and a cider or two:) Just make sure Its a hot indian and the chilli will make you lose weight....Thats what i keep telling myself anyway lol
Sags overweight??? He weighs about 6 stone wet through.
I have lost 3.5kgs in 10 days so far, mainly because i have been ill so get yourself a dose of Man Flu is my recommended weight loss plan:) Train smart