NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Friday 16 January 2009

Back on the Straight and Narrow

I'm glad to say that I have stepped off the slippery slope and am now back on the path heading towards weight loss Nirvana. I have managed to cut out ALL of the cookies and ice cream and any other temptation that may cross my path. I have got back in to the training regime and am even doing early morning runs to kick start the metabolism. Unfortunately I don't have any scales here so I can't actually count progress so there will be no "Graph of Porkdom", you will just have to wait until I return to Dear Old Blighty at the beginning of Feb for the Grand Weigh-In. I must thank Sags for putting me forward for The Biggest Loser; made me feel REALLY GOOD! :-)

All things being equal I should be on the plane home 3 weeks today - woo hoo!!!

5 comments:

Daz Sharpe said...

Good luck with the crash diet. Your better off not having scales, it will be a nicer surprise seeing the end total rather than a daily update. Work hard for the next 3 weeks and have a safe trip home.

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Don't give me that! There are scales in the gym (both gyms) in Al Udeid. Get on 'em and give us an update! :-)

Turbo Man said...

Thanks Daz

Frank, you are, of course, quite right, but neither scales are available to weigh me first thing in the morning when I am "au naturel" (ladies, you can thank me later for the image I have just projected to you).

Anyway, I finally cracked at lunchtime today and had a small piece of cheesecake. But, I was up at 0545 this morning to go on the PTI's Early Bird 5-mile run and I have an hour on the bike booked for this evening. Sometimes, you just deserve these things.

Sags said...

So very weak. . . .

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Cheesecake? A cake made of cheese? You are weak young Mick!