NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Friday 9 January 2009

Bargain Hunting

I like a bargain, and you have to keep your eyes and ears open for one appearing. This morning I met a man in a layby and handed over a small bundle of cash for my latest acquisition - a Planet X 82mm front wheel complete with brand new Continental tubular, valve extenders and tub tape. The wheel is 2 seasons old but you wouldn't know from looking at it; it is immaculate, runs straight as a dye and the bearings are silky smooth.

I'm on the lookout for some uberlight tribars (eg the Easton Attack TT bars in a size medium) at a bargain price to complete the Prince of Darkness 2009 version. Am looking forward to piecing it all together in the coming weeks and seeing how it goes.

Sags invited me out for a training ride this weekend and I'm afraid I wimped out - it is waaaaaaaay too cold. I can't believe I used to train in this weather. Oh, that's right, I didn't; that's why I was always overweight at the duathlon in April!

Train smart folks! :-)

2 comments:

Daz Sharpe said...

nice wheel mate hope it brings the pb's next season. Hope your enjoying your r and r. Good luck with the last few weeks when you get back.

Turbo Man said...

Thaks Daz, it's nice to get home and "normalise" myself. The last 3 weeks should whizz by when I get back, I just hope I can get a good phase of training and shed a few pounds.