NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Friday 27 August 2010

Winter is Coming

What has happened to the Summer? The weather here (and I guess across most of the UK of late) is horrible: cold, wet and windy. And definitely not fun cycling weather. Which is probably why I visited the Wiggle website last night and ordered a set of the new Crud RoadRacer Mk 2 mudguards. I used the Mk 1s last winter but the redesign for this winter looks good, with extra material around the front part of the rear mudguard to provide additional spray protection for the front mech and your ankles. I believe the rear mudguard goes further round the wheel at the back as well to provide better protection for your ride buddies. I also ordered some now bottle cages so I don't have to keep swapping them from bike to bike, and being a bike tart I have ordered ones to colour co-ordinate with my Litespeed. I will provide pictures once the latest goodies have been delivered and fitted and the Litespeed is in winter spec.

This morning I dropped my 'retro' wheel off at the LBS to get the freehub sorted; hopefully that will be back early next week and I can maybe take the Litespeed out for a run the following weekend.

Take care folks.

3 comments:

Cavegirl said...

No 'maybe you can' you WILL, you have your A race coming up!

Isn't pimping an old friend more fun than buying a new persona-less one :-)

Turbo Man said...

I mis-read your last sentence ...! :-0

Turbo Man said...

But I can always take the PX out for a blast, not having the Litespeed does not mean I cannot get out and ride.

Will also need to do some more rides on PoD prior to Barca, although not too worried about that as comfort at The Outlaw was not an issue and I don't plan on spending as long on PoD in Barca!