NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Thursday 19 August 2010

Fillet Steak

Mrs TM has taken the kids to see their Grandad for a couple of days and I have taken advantage by trying to be a little adventurous in the kitchen. Adventurous for me that is.
I love steak and so yesterday popped along to the local butcher for a bit of fillet steak; he only had 2 small pieces left but they looked ideal. I wasn't 100% sure how to cook fillet steak but we had taken delivery of the Primal Cookbook just a couple of days earlier that suggested how to ccok it. I therefore followed the simpe instructions and the result was ... mmm mmmm mmmmm delicious. Beautiful piece of meat fantastically well cooked. I kept it simple - I got some chips from the chip shop on the way home, 2 fried eggs on the chips with some tomato sauce, fried some onions and mushrooms and put the steak on a bed of lettuce. It really was good. I followed this up with my favourite pudding at the moment, banana, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries with fresh double cream, and washed it all down with a bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape. And a flake to finish off!
Dinner doesn't come much better than that.

5 comments:

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

I LIKE!!!!!

Andy said...

Mate, since when did the cavemen eat flakes!! Chateauneuf du Pape maybe, but flakes, come on ;o)

Cavegirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cavegirl said...

I think it was the result of a WHOLE bottle of red that lead to the flake (and twirl if memory serves me right) excursion into the land of carbheads! LOL!

Steak, fresh berries and cream with red wine - food of the Gods! Well Grok anyway.

Turbo Man said...

I commend that menu to anyone.

Less the Flake (and Twirl) of course! :-)