NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Tuesday 3 August 2010

Ready for The Outlaw

The bike is ready. I am ready.

The helmet visor is brilliant - I don't have to wear sunglasses now which makes riding longer distances in the TT position a lot less stressful on my neck (I find the ridge of the sunglasses blocks my vision).

Just need to sort the 'admin' now; tent, sleeping bags, food etc etc.

7 comments:

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Go get 'em buddy, sub 5 all the way!!!

Unknown said...

have a good one, i will be there to see you go sub 5! westy reckons you wont catch him!!!

Daz Sharpe said...

enjoy it Tman, sub 5 please ;-)

Cavegirl said...

If I can get on Westy's feetin the swim I think Turbo has every chance of keeping Westy at bay, provided of course Westy isn't going for broke on the bike leg and then walking the run!

Turbo Man said...

Thanks for the positive comments; I will do my utmost to finish the bike in a time that begins with a '4'.

Will Westy beat Greg?

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Greg will drop Westy as soon as they hit the run. Westy hasn't been running much, he blew to pieces at the Cranwell Sprint (still came 2nd though!). I think the full marathon will be too much for Westy, although he could put 15 mins into Greg on the bike, but that's not enough in my eyes.

Sags said...

Agree. Greg will be way ahead by the finish line.

But go Mick!!!