NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Thursday 15 July 2010

Busy, Busy

It's all go Chez Turbo Man this week.

I've upped the power for my 6 min sessions; I'm finding it hard to believe the figures I'm seeing on the turbo at the moment (and yes, I calibrate the turbo before every session!). I've never been anywhere near them before and I really hope that I can translate these figures into some really quick times at The Outlaw and, more importanly, Barcelona. I'm also doing core, stretch and flex sessions twice a week now; these are usually the first sessions I drop once the race season gets going but as I'm not racing anymore on a regular basis I have worked them into my programme and it seems to be working very well.

Talking of The Outlaw, it's only 3 weeks away on Sunday and I've only ridden PoD for about 20 minutes since Barcelona last October - best I get out on him this weekend.

The PX is coming on nicely, I'm waiting for a new stem to be delivered before I can trim the cables and finish everything off. The new carbon seatpost has arrived and is a thing of beauty. I'm getting quite excited about riding a carbon frame as I've never had the pleasure before.

Mrs Turbo is away in Glasgow for a couple of days; she works for BAe shipbuilding and they are launching one of their Patrol Boats. We celebrated out 20th Wedding Anniversary this week. I know; I don't look old enough to have been married for 20 years!

Over the past 2 weekends I've spent an afternoon watching my daughter at the ballet, and another watching her perform in her drama group. I'm terrified of standing up in front of an audience but she seems to take it all in her stride. Kids really can be amazing.

Tonight I paid £5 for my eldest son to get beaten up! In a good way. Honest! He does Ju Jitsu and so I took him along to the local club. It seems this club is for adults and is rather more 'full on' than his usual club that is aimed more at schoolchildren. He seemed to enjoy it though.

And I'm still losing weight, which is really good.

Anyway, what with all this training and running around, I'm very tired and so must away to bed. Rest well folks.

1 comment:

Cavegirl said...

Congratulations on 20 years a great achievement ... for Mary ... she deserves a medal putting up with you for that long LOL!