NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Monday 3 May 2010

My Litespeed



I keep promising pictures of my refurbished Litespeed but never seem to get around to it. Well this morning I had to clean it after yesterday's sportive made it look like a cyclocross bike and it seemed as good a time as any to take a couple of pictures. The colour is 'Italian Pearl White Metallic' and looks fantastic 'in the metal'. I also prefer the very simple 'Litespeed' logo on just the downtube as opposed to the scattergun approach used by most manufacturers nowadays to put a logo on every single tube.. What do you think?

Below is a picture of the Mavic Ultimate computer mounted on its own stem in front of the handlebars (please excuse my feet in the picture - I think you can guess that I'm not a professional photographer!). It's very easy to set up, use and read when on the move. I also opted for the e-skewer option that incorporates the speed sensor in the wheel skewer; a very neat and tidy option.

3 comments:

Cavegirl said...

I've just ordered the perfect mitts for your bike!

Turbo Man said...

LOL! They will have to wait for another month or so.

Unknown said...

hi,
i need to find a litespeed avior year 04 or 05 blue in color. can you tell me where can i find them please?
thanks,
hondasteed@yahoo.com