NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Saturday 22 May 2010

Holiday Stats - Oh Dear!

The day before I went on holiday I weighed myself and was a slender 11 stone 0.8 pounds. This morning I weighed myself after a week of pizza and other fine food, ice cream, red wine, beer etc and very little exercise other than walking. This morning I weighed myself and the result was an almost unbelievable 11 stone 12 pounds. Oh dear dear me! I find that quite staggering really. General diet advice says that 500 calories a day over or above your 'in weight balance' figure will result in a one pound per week difference. So to increase my weight by 12 pounds would suggest I overate by some 6000 calories a day, every day, for a week! It will be interesting to see how quickly the weight will fall off - I expect it will be significantly longer than a week!

Stay slim folks!

1 comment:

Cavegirl said...

Remember - context of calories and where the calories are coming from - refer back to Primal Blueprint! That is the crux of it ... bet you ate masses of carbs!

Mind I see your next post has a sudden drop ... curious!