NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Sunday 9 August 2009

A good week

As Tim 'The Tool Man' Taylor says: "You can never have enough power!"

Just completed by Training Diary for the week and it's been my largest weekly training volume since the first week of June when I completed the Highclere Sportive. This week I managed just over 9 hours of cycling at an average speed of 31.2kmh, that included 2 excellent power sessions on the turbo and a lot of riding at IM target power output (75% of FTP). I need to increase my FTP by about 10 watts to reach my original target FTP for Barcelona, although with 8 weeks to go I am now hopeful that I can reach that target and maybe add another 10 watts or more to it.

It seems that after all my motivational problems of a few weeks ago, things have fallen into place and my head (and more importantly my legs) are 'in the zone'. I have an easier week this week before a 2 week intensive block that includes the 78 mile New Forest Rattler sportive.
Moving away from tri-related things, we have recently purchased one of these (and yes, ours is red!)
It's the Nescafe Dolce Gusto coffee machine and we think it's brilliant. I was a bit concerned at first that it uses the pod system but the coffee is spot-on, and a vast improvement over instant. And it's so simple that even our 8-year old daughter can do it!

2 comments:

in2triathlon said...

Coffee machine looks like a bird taking a dump! :-)

You're riding it as a 112M TT rather than an IM? I would be looking to hit 78-82% FTP mate, that'll give you some extra Watts to play with.

Go on be a devil.

Turbo Man said...

Thanks Neill; interestingly I was looking for your e-mail this morning to ask you that exact question. 82% FTP will be the target then (sorry legs!).