NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Thursday 6 August 2009

58 days to go...

... to Quelle Challenge Barcelona. I looked at the website today and the countdown reminded me just how quickly this is coming round and yes, I admit I had a few butterflies. Unlike most of you I have done very little competing this year; I raced the Brize Sprint and have done a couple of Sportives and that's it. Hopefully I will be able to keep it all under control come 4th October.

The good news is that they have changed the bke course avoiding the inland loop up the long incline (I will avoid calling it a hill). It's now a straightforward 3-lap course up and down the almost flat-as-a-pancake coast road that will be closed for the event. Fingers crossed for a good ride.

2 comments:

Sags said...

Get some TTs done dude! With 58 days to go you can still up your threshold with some short TT action - 10s and 25s.

Turbo Man said...

Don't worry mate, I have 4 more weeks of "threshold improvement" work ahead. The last 2 weeks have been really good and although next week will be a little lighter I am then on leave for 2 weeks and have with some serious work planned. I'm confident I will be hitting some FTP PBs before QCB.