NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Thursday 27 August 2009

The BIG Fortnight - Thursday Week 2

And it was going so well...

Yesterday was a recovery session on the turbo; should have been a road ride but as the Litespeed was off the road the turbo it had to be. No problem. The postie delivered the new cables yesterday (Wednesday) so the plan was to get my turbo session (3 x 20) done this morning and then fit the new cables. Fate, however, had other ideas.

The first problem was a bottle of red wine I consumed last night. I am a complete alcohol lightweight but the effect of a good bottle of red on me was terrible. I had a kingsize hangover this morning that still hasn't fully cleared off. So the turbo session hasn't yet happened, and unless I feel better in the next hour is not likely to either. The second problem occurred hen I was fitting my gear cables. I tried to adjust the downtube adjusters and one came off in my hand; well the top bit did, the threaded bit remained in the frame. BU&&ER! I tried to remove it but it was stuck firm so I took the bike to the bike shop to see if they can sort it. I will get the bike back on Saturday.

So, nothing today and tomorrow it's a family trip to the Isle of Wight on the hovercraft. The kids are looking forward to their first flight (for that is what it is, apparently) and then a trip to a wildlife park.

Best I get some miles in over the weekend then!

Train smart

2 comments:

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

A couple of days off will do you the world of good, you'll come back refreshed and ready to hit on the weekend.

PS. Don't let those roadies bully you about your cables on the "other" forum! ;-)

Sags said...

Feeble excuse not to train. You should feel guilty as a guilty thing!