NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Friday 26 June 2009

What shall I write about next?

With so much going on in my life at the moment it's difficult to know where to start. Topics for consideration are:

Training - A bit boring; it's going fine at the moment.
New bike plan - A Parlee Z4 with SRAM Red - just the small matter of funding it now! All donations welcome. :-)
My daughters an artist - She won a prize for drawing a postcard at the recent Gosport 'Big Day Out' and it's now on show in the town (apparently, I've not seen it on display yet).
My new(ish) car - I love it. It may be 8 years old but it does everything a car should do. Still need to get the hi-fi sorted.
QCB - I get excited every time I think about it.
How aero is aero? - Last night I re-read an article from an American cycle magazine that I bought whilst in Qatar where they scientifically, both in the wind tunnel and on a race track, demonstrated how much advantage a full aero set up is over a road bike (quick summary - just under 2 minutes over 40km).
Michael Jackson's dead - there are a lot of very funny jokes flying around the web, not all in the 'best possible taste'.
Farah Fawcett's dead - I suspect many men of my generation have some "special" thoughts on this one!

So no time to post anything of substance!

Good luck to those racing IM France this weekend. It is this weekend isn't it?

1 comment:

Sags said...

Yes IM time is here again. Interesting to watch but that's about all! Other interesting things to watch are how high can your 8 year old bounce on the trampoline in the back garded? Stand by for a freaky picture on my blog!

SRAM Red. . . Mmmmmmmmm