NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Friday 5 June 2009

I have a new bike!

Not wanting to be outdone by Reg, Hussler etc, today I went out and bought a new bike. She is an engineering masterpiece and an absolute delight to ride, silent and fleet of wheel, although I doubt you would have heard of the manufacturer. So here she is:



Yep, she has an electric motor. I rode her back from the shop this evening and it was an absolute hoot! You are not required to wear a crash helmet and no insurance is required and yet it will reach speeds of 15mph or so (dependent upon road conditions) and give a range of up to 25 miles per charge (dependent upon how much you pedal). Car drivers look at you strangely as you pull up alongside them at roundabouts and then set off like a startled rabbit. Without pedalling! Mudguards, lights and large volume tyres for comfort, Mrs TM is delighted with it. I expect that jcssprocketsareturning will also be happy as it means that Mrs TM will not have to use the car to get to work, and a single 2.5 hour charge will be enough for a whole week's commuting.

I have today fitted my new tyres and inner tubes in preparation for the IS Sportive on Sunday. Black & Silver GP4000s sounded good but the silver isn't as bright as I had hoped; I will need to see them in the daylight to decide if I like them or not. All I need to do now is find all my winter and wet weather kit as the forecast is pants.

Take care folks.

3 comments:

jc said...

That does sound exceedingly eco friendly, although of course to pass the sanctimonious test, you'll have to make sure that the battery charge comes from a renewable power source!

Reg said...

Man you did me good style the contours on it are a delight, bet she is a joy to ride I mean look how comfy the seat looks.

Unknown said...

will you be able to handle it at its top speed though? i didnt think you were used to going that fast!