NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Friday 12 June 2009

Sometimes I Really Enjoy My Job

A couple of weeks ago the boss announced that the afternoon of Friday 12 June would be an individual Personal Development afternoon, where individuals could have the afternoon off providing they were doing some 'Personal Development'. I didn't need asking twice and at 1230 today I was out on my bike. I rode with a work colleague for the first 50 minutes; he wanted a gentle lunchtime ride so that's what we did. When he headed back for his afternoon of work we had ridden for 50 minutes at an average speed of 33.5kmh! I carried on, and when I got off my bike I had covered 70.2km at an average speed of 31.2kmh and been out for some 2 hrs 15 minutes. I really enjoyed myself.

Very happy with that. Hopefully I will get another hour on the turbo tomorrow (Saturday) before another long ride on Sunday. I think this time, though, I will take it a bit easier.

Train smart folks, and good luck to all those racing this weekend.

1 comment:

Iron Girl said...

That explains why you didn't answer my emails! Sorry for the 6 RAF Tri messages you'll now read on Monday.