NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Wednesday 22 April 2009

Progress

The sun is shining and my mojo is definitely on the up.

The scales showed 11st 11lbs this morning so the weight is definitely moving in the right direction at last.

I didn't manage my 60km on Monday due to domestic pressure - the house still needs a lot of work doing to get it sorted and that took priority, although I did get 26km in on the gym bike at lunchtime. On Tuesday I cycled in to work, spent some time on the gym bike at lunchtime and got out onto the turbo in the evening for a total of 62.5km. Last night's session included some 1km efforts just to keep it interesting and I managed to hit 60kmh during this although couldn't hold it for the whole km. And yes, I'm still running with Bandit every morning.

At least I shouldn't disgrace myself at Brize (once I get out of the pool!).

No comments: