NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Wednesday 15 April 2009

Easing back into it gently

After a week of no training due to the house move, I have started back gently this week. Monday was a steady 5km run, Tuesday a steady 5km run and 45 mins of core, stretch and flex, and this morning I managed a very wet 5km run and plan to sit on the exercise bike for 45 minutes at lunchtime. I currently weigh 11st 13 lbs so am heading in the right direction albeit slowly. I just need to get my diet organised as I found myself with a food craving mid-afternoon yesterday and had nothing with me, so ended up raiding the vending machine for a chocolate bar. I have my supply of bananas with me today so that shouldn't happen again.

I am getting slightly nervous about the forthcoming IS sportive on 7 June. I know it's still almost 2 months away but at 126 hilly miles it's going to hurt and I haven't really been racking up the bike miles recently. Well at least it's not a race!

Met up with Jonny "MdS" Briggs on Sunday morning for a stroll along the beach with families and dogs. He's looking lean (as you would expect) and seems to not have suffered physically for his recent efforts. He's looking to return to triathlon and particularly IM distance races in 2010.

The house is still in chaos although it gets a little better every day. The boys go back to school on Sunday and I expect things to advance more swiftly after that. I need to get the garage cleared out (it's full of empty packing boxes and packing material at the moment) so I can set the turbo up and get back into some proper training.

Train smart folks.

1 comment:

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

You'll be fine mate, 2 months is plenty of time, train smart.