NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Saturday 4 April 2009

It's Just Not Fair


I know I've been sidetracked by farewell parties, farewell cakes, etc, but the scales were particularly cruel to me this morning. :-( Anyway, as we are moving on Monday I have left my bike down in Gosport so it was out for a run first thing this morning. Bandit was really excited when I appeared in my run kit and grabbed his lead. We were out for just over an hour at a very easy pace (how I hate people who can really run, as opposed to my laboured jogging!); Bandit really enjoyed it and chased a few bunnies who were just about quick enough to get back to their burrows in time. And I feel good for doing it as well. Tomorrow will be more of the same.


Train smart folks.

3 comments:

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

It's just not fair? Come on turbo, man up! Nobody forced those cakes down your throat did they? Time to HTFU fella! :-)

Turbo Man said...

You are, of course, absolutely right. I have a cunning plan...

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

A cunning plan to lose weight? Chop a leg off? :-)