NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Sunday 26 June 2011

Simple Session

For time:

70 burpees
60 sit-ups
50 kettlebell swings
40 pull-ups
30 handstand push-ups

I'm not yet lifting the prescribed weights but I'm getting closer; I managed 20kg on the kettlebells today when the standard was 24. I only used 1 of the very thin purple bands on the pull-ups instead of my usual 2 and the next step is no bands. Handstand push-ups is aomething else though, I was doing push-ups with my feet on a box so my body is at a 45 degree angle, rather than vertical; but we will get there.

Weight is slowly coming down and I'm feeling really good about myself, I do need to get out on the bike more although it's more a sadlle comfort thing rather than fitness that I'm concerned about, and the IOW ride has 2 natural breaks on the ferry to and from the island.

Train smart folks.

1 comment:

Sags said...

Tut tut. More bike time sacrificed. . . .