NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Tuesday 4 January 2011

2011 Weigh In


Need to draw a line in the sand so it was my official 2011 weigh in this morning. A quick review of previous years show that usually I am around the 12 stone 6 pound (79kg) mark at this time of year although am about a stone (6.3kg) lighter come my A race (although in 2010 I got down to 10 stone 12 pounds (69kg) for Challenge Barcelona in October).

So, after my morning walk, I showered, shaved (got to lose every possible gram!) and leapt on the scales. And the result was (drum roll please):

11 stone 8.6 pounds (73.9kg)

So, some 11.5 pounds lighter than I usually am at this time of year but a whopping 10.6 pounds heavier than when I raced at Barcelona in October, and believe me when I say I can see where all of that 10.6 pounds is sitting! The plan is to have a very disciplined Primal month whilst going through the first half of my first phase of training and see where I am in 4 weeks time. Must away now to clear the garage out and uncover the turbo bike, as I plan to use it this afternoon.

All the best.

12 comments:

Sags said...

Fatty

Turbo Man said...

Er ... thanks mate!

Daz Sharpe said...

That excess weight will be gone soon once the long distance training kicks in.

Cavegirl said...

So a year of Turbo's Kinda Primal has delivered you to the beginning of 2011 a lot lighter than this time last year - I call that a result!

I can see where my extra 3 kgs are as well. Just been doing some more research and it might be an idea to cut the fat down a bit on the Primal diet especially on days when you don't do a lot of training.

Also getting great results from training fasted, particularly for short, sharp turbo sessions - might be worth considering jumping on the turbo before you eat dinner ...

Michael said...

Sounds like a good season ahead. Forget the weight at this point, it will settle for you at the time of your key races, with extra in the winter it helps fend of bugs and keeps you warm.

I'm enjoying being bigger, feel more confident that when I drop a dress size and fit into the tri suit it should be a good season.

Sags said...

Fatty

Turbo Man said...

Er ... thanks mate!

Cavegirl said...

"with extra in the winter it helps fend of bugs and keeps you warm"

Complete myth - adipose tissue in humans isn't insulation and has nothing to do with fighting invaders! In fact the leaner you are the more robust your immune system.

Sags said...

That's why I always look after my Adipose tissue.

Cavegirl said...

Yeah right and just hammer your immune system in every other conceivable way!

Michael said...

Just down in South Park...What is there to do in this neck of the woods.

Swim...?
Bike...?
Run...?

What do you know Turbo?

Unknown said...

Nice weigh in MrT, hit the scales at 86kg last week my standard winter weight, 78kg seems along way away!