NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Saturday 21 February 2009

New Phone & Stuff

Mrs Turbo Man finally got fed up with my old phone not being able to hold a charge for more than 10 minutes and bought me a new one yesterday - it has a camera, bluetooth, MP3 player and all sorts of other technowizardry I will probably never use, but it does mean that I will actually be able to see those pictures I occasionally get sent now. I can set my own ring tone as well, so it's currently "Classico" by Tenacious D (check out the film "Pick of Destiny"). Unfortunately it's not very PC and, as Mrs Turbo Man said, not an appropriate ring tone for one of my new status. Makes me laugh, though, every time I hear it, so if I don't answer the phone when you call me it's because I'm listening to the ring tone!
Which means, of course, I can now take loads of pictures of my bikes etc. Yes, the Prince of Darkness is now all cabled up and just needs a test ride to check out everything is adjusted properly. Might need to make some small adjustments to the position as I think I'm a bit too stretched out at the front at the moment; we shall see. Anyway, here are my first attempts at photography with the new phone (sorry for the poor quality!):

The Prince of Darkness, 2009 version.

Cut down base bar (might need to get used to this!) and Planet X 82mm front wheel.


Ceramic bearing jockey wheels (yes, cable needs trimming but I will do that after the gears have been set up)..

Ceramic bearing bottom bracket (shocking photo I know).

No comments: