NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Wednesday 13 June 2012

10km Run

Well I completed the Scampton 10km road race today, and I'm fairly chuffed with my time of 47:20. OK, it's not going to set the world alight but bear in mind that I haven't ran more than 5km since 2008, most of my training this year has been in the CrossFit gym, and I'm at least half a stone heavier than I would like to be. So yes, happy with that. I paced the run evenly, with a small increase in speed over the last km; happy that I was able to do that. Quads and buttocks are a little sore now, but it's a start.

3 comments:

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Nice work fella!

Cavegirl said...

Just goes to show what the short intense bursts of training can do and way more interesting than hammering the road for mile after mile!

Well done, don't reckon I could get round 10 k in under an hour these days!

Sags said...

Hello T Man. Welcome back to Duathlon training! I am posted to TSW Stafford in September. So not too far away from Turbo Man. Enjoy your training youngster!

Oh, I spotted a Cross Fit Kandahar sign the other day. . . . I almost went and had a look!