NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Wednesday 14 October 2009

Time to sort out the bikes...

I'm certainly enjoying my downtime. Drinking wine, eating cakes and chocolate, lying in bed on SUnday mornings etc. Yep, feels good. It won't last, though, I know it. I really enjoyed my cycling this year and with my 2010 plans taking shape I am really enthusiastic about the year ahead.

But first things first, the bikes. As suspected, the old mountain bike has been scrapped. I stripped off anything that was worth anything and they have gone into the box ready for the forthcoming garage sale. The winter bike has been rebuilt and fitted with a new pair of mudguards (Crud raceguards) and lights so is now ready for anything. The turbo bike has been upgraded to 9-speed with a 53x12 top gear so I expect my turbo TT PB to take a bit of a battering in the new year. The Dolan TT bike is now resting on its hooks in the garage, still resplendent with its Barca race number on the seatpost; I still smile every time I think of that race. Which just leaves my Litespeed and a pile of bits to sort out; something I will get round to over the winter.

The Barcelona 2010 plans are taking shape, all I need is for the race organisers to announce the date!

Rest well folks, and let's come back stronger in 2010.

No comments: