NO LOVE HANDLES ALLOWED!

'It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.' Theodore Roosevelt 23 April 1910

Saturday 17 October 2009

Shopping - There's a RANT here - You've been Warned

Today was a horrible day. I hate shopping at Ikea but we had to go to get something for our son's bedroom. So after driving an hour to Southampton we get to West Quay shopping area; Hell on Earth would be a better title. Everything I hate about going to the shops. Too many people; too much c**p; too much pointless b******ks blah blah blah. I hate it I hate it I hate it. My family know this so it should have come as no surprise to them that I was Mr Grumpy from Grumpy Town (well I am nearly 50 now!). And then we went to Ikea. I hate shopping at Ikea (I may have mentioned that already!), the shopping experience is just AWFUL. They herd you in one door and no matter what you want you have to follow there idiotic arrows on the floor through areas you have no wish to see. We wanted bedroom furniture - why can't I go straight to bedroom furniture and then to the checkout? IT'S CRAP AND I HATE IT. By now I was SERIOUSLY grumpy, and then we had to drive an hour home. Oh my cup runneth over with joy. What a complete waste of a day. The internet is usually great for shopping but when I tried having this item home delivered by Ikea they wanted £35 for the privilege of delivering a £59 item - ROBBING B@ST@RDS! They know this and so people HAVE to visit their shitty shops and get herded like cattle through departments they don't want to see. I HATE IT.

Women - your brains are seriously ****ed up if you enjoy doing that frankly pointless exercise.


And why do old people go shopping on Saturdays? They have ALL WEEK to go shopping so why clog up the shops on a Saturday when people who can't get to the shops during the week have to go out?

Anyway we got what we wanted and I built it this evening. The instructions were clear and it's a nice piece of bedroom furniture. And that's my problem with Ikea; as much as I HATE THE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE every item of furniture we've bought from them has been excellent. I just wish the experience could be better. BECAUSE I HATE IT.

Really looking forward to riding my newly revitalised winter bike tomorrow. Even if it's raining.

No comments: